Last updated 08 February 2018
(i) All users: Users of the Website can access the Website’s homepage and browse some areas of the Website without disclosing any Personal Data. We might track information provided to us by your browser, including any website you came from, the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. In addition, we might gather information about you that is automatically collected by our web server, internet protocol address, connection information, operating system and platform, unique reference number linked to the data entered on the system, cookie number, and activity on the Website including the pages you visit and searches you may have made (collectively all of the foregoing being known as “User Data”).
(ii) If you are a veterinary clinic customer: If you are a veterinary clinic customer using our Products, we collect certain Personal Data from you on behalf of your veterinary clinic. This Personal Data includes name, address, telephone number and e-mail address and any other Personal Data that you provide to us about you when using such Products, and always based on our instructions from the veterinary clinic (all of the foregoing being “Customer Data”). Your veterinary clinic may also provide the Customer Data directly to us, based on the records that it already holds about you.
(iii) If you are a veterinary clinic: If you are a veterinary clinic who enters into our Master Subscription Agreement granting you a licence to use one or more of our Products, we will collect certain Personal Data from you in order to provide such Product(s) to you. This includes a contact name, address, e-mail address and telephone number as well as any other Personal Data that you decide to provide to us during the subscription process (“Veterinary Clinic Data”).
(iv) Information from outside sources: We may also legally obtain information from third parties. For instance, if you are a veterinary clinic, we may collect information about you from other sources in order to verify your licensure status and identity; where necessary (for example, to process an order for a purchase), in some cases this information may be Personal Data;
(v) Any information that you voluntarily provide to us: We may collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, contact us forms and the like or if you make a payment to us. Some of this information may be Personal Data, such as national change of address information.
- How does Vetstoria use the information collected? Vetstoria may use the information set out in paragraph 5 above in the following ways:
- we use the Customer Data that is provided to us in accordance with paragraph 5(ii) above to provide the services that your veterinary clinic has subscribed to, such as those services offered by our Products, including facilitating appointments with your veterinary clinic, and sending reminders of such appointments to you. We may also use your Customer Data in order to provide you with adverts or other commercial messages that we believe may be of interest to you on behalf of your veterinary clinic, but only where your veterinary clinic confirms that we are entitled to do so in accordance with applicable data protection and direct marketing legislation (which in certain circumstances will require your consent). You may opt out of this use of your Customer Data at any time by contacting your veterinary clinic.
- we use the Veterinary Clinic Data in order to license to you the Products specified under our Master Subscription Agreement with you.
- we use the information provided to us or obtained by us under paragraph 5(iv) and 5(v) above as stated therein. For example, if you submit information to us via a survey that you complete, we will use such information to assess the results of the survey in question.
- Security, Data Storage and Retention: Vetstoria takes the security of Personal Data (including the Customer Data and Veterinary Clinic Data and all other Personal Data collected by Vetstoria under paragraph 5) very seriously. Precautions are taken to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Vetstoria maintains stringent safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Data. Further information about Vetstoria’s security practices is available on request. Vetstoria stores Personal Data on a regional basis i.e., if you are based in the EEA then it is stored in the EEA, if you are based in the U.S. then it is stored in the U.S. and so forth. Where Vetstoria stores Personal Data outside the EEA it takes steps to ensure that such transfer is deemed adequate under applicable data protection legislation. All Personal Data is stored by us for the period of time for which, if you are a veterinary clinic, you are licensed to use our Products or, if you are a customer, the period of time for which your veterinary clinic is licensed to use our Products. Following the expiry of such licence, the Personal Data is anonymised. It may, however, take us up to three months following the expiry of such licence to fully anonymise your Personal Data.
11. We may transfer your Personal Data to third parties as follows:
(i) Aggregate: We may anonymise the Personal Data collected in accordance with paragraph 5 and aggregate it, without any individually identifying information, to third parties. Aggregate information is obtained from the collection of many individual records; however, any data that could be used to identify an individual is removed before it is used. Any third party that receives aggregate data must agree not to attempt to re-identify the people it belongs to.
(ii) Your veterinary clinic: If you are a customer, we will provide the Customer Data and any other information that you voluntarily provide to us (as indicated in paragraph 5(v)) to the veterinary clinic with which you are registered in order for it to process such data in order to e.g., provide you with an appointment.
(iii) Practice Management System (PMS) Partners: A PMS is a system commissioned by veterinary clinics to help manage day-to-day hospital operations. When Vetstoria shares information with such veterinary clinic as indicated in paragraph 11(ii) above, this is usually done via the technical integration which Vetstoria shares with the Practice Management Systems.
(iv) Our service providers: We contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide services and in the operation of our business. Using such service providers’ infrastructure means that we store and process information on hardware and/or services owned by them. All of the information, including Personal Data, that we collect as listed in paragraph 5 will be provided to such service providers. A list of infrastructure and other service providers which we use include:
• Amazon AWS: server and database infrastructure, and outgoing email servers.
• Our internal business applications such as Google, QuickBooks and third party payment processors like Stripe, PayPal and GoCardless.
• Our e-mail and SMS campaign management and customer relationship management service providers such as Campaign Monitor.
• Our customer support tools including Zendesk, Survey Monkey and Zoho
- Third parties for marketing purposes: If your veterinary clinic has appointed us as a third party marketing service provider we may disclose the Customer Data to third parties with whom we are running promotional offers, including third parties who are responsible for co-ordinating such marketing campaigns for them, only on the instructions of your veterinary clinic and where your veterinary clinic has confirmed to us that we are permitted to do so in accordance with applicable data protection and direct marketing legislation (which in certain circumstances will require your consent). You may opt out of this use of your Customer Data at any time by contacting your veterinary clinic.
(vi) Business transfers or combinations: In the case of an actual or proposed sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of the business or in the case of insolvency, we may disclose all of the information that we collect as listed in paragraph 5 to third parties to the extent necessary in our reasonable judgment. This information may include Personal Data.
Other than described above, Vetstoria will not release any of the information that it collects as indicated in paragraph 5 to a third party without your consent.
- You have the right to: (i) access a copy of the Personal Data that we have collected from you in accordance with paragraph 5; (ii) correct any items of such Personal Data; and/or (iii) have any items of such Personal Data erased or object to our processing of such items of Personal Data (subject to Vetstoria not requiring such Personal Data for legitimate business purposes or other legal reasons). You can carry out any of these actions from time to time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you are a customer and you wish to exercise any of the foregoing rights in respect of your Customer Data, such rights must be exercised by you contacting your veterinary clinic although we will co-operate with the veterinary clinic if any such request is made.
- Vetstoria operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments or successors thereto including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
- You may at any time stop using the Website or our Products (subject, in the case of our Products where you are a veterinary clinic, to the terms of our Master Subscription Agreement with you governing the use of such Products).
- If you are a veterinary clinic and you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to email@example.com.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the information Vetstoria holds about you, you may email Vetstoria at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you are a veterinary clinic customer, your veterinary clinic.